Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When Did KCMO Receive Country Designation?

And why not KCK,* I ask you? I suppose I should be asking Annie that question. Yes, this another one of those my-kid-said-the-cutest-thing posts.

It was Annie's turn to say family prayer this morning. Sometimes, she rattles along all by herself and gives a great (albeit only partly understandable prayer.) Other times, she asks for help. Well, she says, "I need help," but I think she really means, "Hey, give me some suggestions and I'll see what I can do with them."

During her prayer, I was proposing some things we are thankful for, things like each member of our family, our home, Daddy's job, our country.... Annie ran with that one! She intoned, "We are thankful for our country: Kansas City, Missouri."

What?!!

*KCMO refers to Kansas City, Missouri - the place most people actually think of when they think of Kansas City - that is, if they even think of it at all. KCK (where we live) is Kansas City, Kansas - you know, the part of the city that rests on the west side of the Kansas/Missouri state line. Yeah, I think there is sometimes a little rivalry between these two parts of the metro.

1 comment:

Julie said...

ok...I thought this was an ode to KC Kason (doubt that is even how you spell his name...in fact I'm SURE of it! But I have to laugh...what would a Saturday morning have been without listening to the current countdown on the radio without him?)