Friday, June 5, 2009

Just Chill...IN!

aIt's time to share some more of the silly things that pop out of my kids' mouths (verbal, not masticated, mind you,) particularly the words that tumble (and that is an apt description) between Annie's lips, because I figure these gems won't serve any purpose sitting in a dark vault and instead should be displayed for public enjoyment.

  • Cocoa (the crazy puppy who Annie refers to as "my daughter" or "my-baby-sister-that-I-love-so-much" (seriously, ask Annie how many sisters she has and she'll likely tell you, "Two" or perhaps she'll even answer "Three," if she happens to lump Tessa - our other dog - in there. Hmmm. Is that why I've noticed some speculative raised eyebrows cast in my direction lately?) can be a little....rambunctious. Okay, a lot rambunctious. While Cocoa was running and jumping and spinning and slobbering yesterday, Annie testily admonished, "Chill in, Cocoa. Just chill in!"
  • Can I just say that listening to Annie re-invent that popular phrase brings a slew of other Annie-isms to mind? I am particularly fond of "No Jose Way!"
  • Skip this one if you don't appreciate potty-humor: Apparently, Annie believes she has a little family living in her bottom. The other day when I asked her if she was finished pooping, she said, "Just the mom and dad came out. The little ones are playing a game inside. They will come out later."
  • Heading to a track meet, anyone? Listen for Annie to call out, "Ready. Set. Mark. Go!"
Lest you think that Annie alone brings such amusement to our home, I have to share an Emi classic. First, though, let me tell you that Emi tends to be a bit more considerate than Annie before charging ahead with her voice.
  • Emi was almost 3 the first time she and I went to Carthage, Illinois. (For those of you who may not know, Carthage - population 2725 - is one of the dots on the map that connects places teeming with history of the early days of the LDS church.) I don't really know what I was expecting - maybe something a little more....quaint? Touristy? Charming? Granted, the day was overcast, so maybe that's why Carthage itself appeared so dusty and grey. Of course, nearly empty streets and sidewalks along with overgrown grass and boarded windows on a few houses and buildings did nothing to suggest much brightness existed in the town, anyway. Apparently Emi's impressions were not much fulgent more than mine, since she observed from her car seat, "Carthage is a lot like Walmart!"

No comments: