Friday, June 12, 2009

Pandora

I feel sapped of energy. It's not quite malaise, but I don't really feel like doing much. Except curling up with a good book (I've been enjoying thrillers lately, David Baldacci-type of stuff), maybe baking something gooey and chocolatey, or slipping a romantic comedy in the DVD player. I think the weather is to blame. Waking up to dull, grey skies 4 or 5 days in a row is just not refreshing! Yes, a thrilling storm with bolts of lightening dancing across the clouds accompanied by great, pounding rumbles of thunder is nice every now and then, but a prolonged period (more than a day or two) of this type of weather drains me. Does this happen to you, too?

I might have happened upon an antidote. It's too early to determine if I've rid myself entirely of this bout of laziness, but I think I'm on to something: Pandora. I've been intending for a couple of months now to personalize some stations for myself, and a few nights ago I put together a couple of stations. And today, although I won't claim that my 80's music station is exacting any sort of miracle, something nice is happening. My veins might not flowing with vim and vigor, but I definitely feel a little more pep this afternoon.

I guess this is a little plug for Pandora and an extension gratitude for Tim Westergren's vision. Because this afternoon, the gangs from New Order and the Cure, those rascally Pet Shop Boys, the cute Norwegian kids (a-ha, that's where their from!) and the twins from London who actually aren't (you know, those Thompsons), among others, are apparently just the company I've needed. Who knew unexpected visitors could be so great!

Please excuse me now, though. I'm going to spend some more time with my guests.

No comments: