Friday, April 23, 2010

*BIG SIGH*

Annie has been....Annie lately. Very Annie. Go ahead and use your imagination, or look back at previous blog posts expounding the Annieness of our girl. In the past month, I have - on two separate occasions - made frantic calls to hairdressers in order to rectify my foolishness at leaving Annie alone with a pair of scissors. Most recently was Wednesday, when she also added to her hair cutting repertoire: she apparently has decided to become a fashion designer as well. I mean, why wear a perfectly good t-shirt when you can instead sport jagged holes and an uneven hem? At least that experiment was a hand-me-down.

A couple times in the past week or so, I've caught Annie after she's raided my jewelry box - the big give-away is the mismatched earrings dangling by her chin. Today, I walked into my bedroom to see squeezed-out tubes and bottles of facial lotions, liquid foundation and lipstick smeared on my bedspread and sheets - amazingly enough, Annie was only wearing heavy stripes of Loreal True-Match foundation in porcelain. (I guess I caught her before she'd had time to blend it all in!).

While I was cleaning up the incriminating evidence, I told Annie that she is not allowed to put on any make-up(for the zillionth time!). She said, "You mean I can't be a grown-up anymore?" "No, Annie," I replied, "You cannot be a grown-up anymore. You have to be a 7-year-old." She looked at me and said in an accusatory tone, "That makes me feel like crying."

You and me both, Kiddo. You and me, both.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

LOL!!! Oh I am so sorry to be laughing, but she is too cute. And I can't imagine how exasperating and endearing it is to come in and find the guilty party. Sounds like you kept your great sense of humor throughout, though!!!

Miss L said...

Ohhhhh, why didn't I see this before I came over today! We should have brought YOU something decadent and delicious!!! Hang in there, friend. You truly are doing an amazing and awesome job. :)