Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Can Stop Any Time I Want.....

I have an addiction to weather.com. I just can't seem to stop myself from checking the weather report for my area. A couple of times a day. (Sometimes, I even check the conjectures for other locations across the globe, too!) I always look at the feature forecasting the next ten days, while only trusting it's accuracy for the immediate day and giving the next day the benefit of the doubt (usually). Obviously, I have a trust issue with the latest radar technology developed for weather prediction, exhibited by my tendency to check in 3 or 4 (even5?) times a day - usually scanning the current day's presage of temperature, rain, sun, humidity, etc..

See, if today's not panning out like weather.com publishes, then how can I trust any hunches for tomorrow? However, since the atmospheric activity determined for the next ten days, as shown on the climate projection site, is in the ballpark often enough (even if the game's already had tip-off), I still regard that data enough to gauge what laundry must be done so my girls will be appropriately clothed for potential weather conditions materializing in the next week-and-a-half. (It's all about motherhood, the compulsive need to ride the web to my weather website of choice. Just like my enslavement to chocolate. Dark chocolate.....'cause how can you be a mom without daily imbibing of chocolate? Seriously!)

So last night, armed with an insider's recognition of my weather neurosis, and perhaps in an attempt to to spin my mind into a maelstrom, Emi purposefully asked, regarding the weather, "Will yesterday be like today?" Perhaps instead of wearing my confusion all over my face, I should have given the obvious answer, "Why of course, as long as the-day-after-tomorrow's rain is like next Tuesday's wind speed."

No comments: