Friday, March 13, 2009

It's D-E-D!

We have one of those silly, little plastic cell-phones - you know, the kind that makes clicking, beeping, screeching-ish sounds. It's the kind of phone where you just hope for the batteries to wear out soon. Like yesterday! And guess what? Yesterday, those batteries gave all they could and then the juice was gone. Yesss!!

Well, Annie wasn't very thrilled about a blue plastic phone (sporting pictures of Cinderella along with her voice, "How nice of you to call....") that didn't actually chirp and trill and drive the rest of us batty. She asked me to please fix the Cinderella phone and I told her that I didn't think I could, because I was certain we didn't have any replacement batteries that were the right size. A perplexed look flitted across her face before her upset expression took over. "Just fix it!" she demanded. I said (with a smile in my heart, if not on my face), "Annie, I can't. The batteries are dead." She looked aghast and said in a horrified voice, "Oh no! We killed them?!"

Here's the rest of the story: when I dumped the batteries out in my attempt to show Annie that they were, indeed, dead, she insisted I put them back in. So I did. What could it hurt, after all? Only my sanity, apparently. I guess a good 'ole jostling around was all a those power cells needed.Yes, my friends, the phone works again....

4 comments:

Julie said...

SOOO funny!!!!! (although not the part where the phone is working again!)

Miss L said...

I feel your pain. We have SEVERAL of those phones. Luckily, I grew a spine and would not let my girls get the "cameras" (via Walmart's checkout lines, bottom shelf of course) or the "magic wands" (at Target). Hope the rested batteries run out soon! :)

Shari said...

I started reading the fine print and thought you were going to say that you had taken the batteries out earlier that day! That would have been even funnier! I still giggled, and know I have lots to look forward to!

Adrienne said...

Mmmm, we have a few toys that just DIED, with no hope of resurrection. Because I SAID THEY'RE DEAD, that's why!!! Hilarious, LOVE it. Maybe your Cinderella phone could meet our Sleeping Beauty phone. That hasn't died yet either.