Monday, July 20, 2009

It's A Whole New World

It'a a whole new world. One filled with sleek, fast, sporty automobiles - BMWs, in fact. And that is not a bad thing. I will be the first to tell you that BMWs are not at the very top of my list of cars I want to drive, but they're not too far down that list, either.



(You seriously want to know? Well, the other day we drove by Munich's Bentley/Rolls Royce/Maserati/Koneg showroom. I think that of my list composed of purely dream vehicles, any work of art at that dealership would suffice, supplemented by basically any model, past and present, produced by Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Ferrari. See, this dream list is made up of cars that I think would be a bit difficult to just saunter into a showroom, point to and say, "I'd like to test-drive this car." And that exclusiveness is a driving factor - no pun intended - in creating my Absolutely Dreamiest Automobiles I'd Love To Drive List. As gorgeous and finely-crafted as Bremmen Motor Works products are, sitting behind the wheel of one their cars are within the realm of possibility. Figuratively. From a financial perspective? Well, let's just say that between a RR Silver Ghost and a BMW Individual, neither one will be parked in my garage.)




So, what I was going to say before I went off on my dream car vs. Dream Car spiel, is that I went to BMW Welt on Saturday, after I left poor, sick but recovering Ryan (who feels better today than he has in weeks, by the way) at our hotel. The thing about BMW Welt is that it makes you think that everyone should be driving beautiful, fast, well-equipped, specially-engineered automobiles. And I dare any of you to disagree! I"m not saying we all have to drive BMWs, but it would be nice if we all drove vehicles that fell under the category of luxury, don't you think?

1 comment:

Miss L said...

I think I'd be happy just with your awesome shoes! Those are super fantastic. :)