Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wow. It's been almost two months since I last posted. However, it's not been that long since I've thought about things to post. Rather, the lag is in the process of getting my thoughts tidily typed and published.

While starting my Saturday morning with oatmeal - mixed with sugar. And peanut butter. And chocolate. And everything else that goes into no-bake cookies (Tiffany makes the best no-bake cookies!) and sneaking bites of tasty muffins - which I think were actually cupcakes parading around under a healthier-sounding name (kudos to my friend Laurenda!), and dipping strawberries in a divinely mixed concoction of marshmallow creme and cream cheese (you can bring that to any gathering, Daisie!), talk turned to the annual Attitude of Gratitude challenge issued by my friend Jennifer. Which I have neglected so far this year. Can I be frank, friends? Some things that have happened this year have left me feeling....uh....not so thankful. And yet, so many good things happen every day for which I am immensely grateful - not the least being that I have friends who make me laugh along with them as they chide, "So, Allison, I've noticed you haven't done the gratitude challenge this year. Not much to be thankful for, huh?" I want to assure you that I do know that the good far outweighs the bad:

  1. Ryan - Ignorance is bliss. But more blissful is knowing that when strong storms rip through and carelessly toss up nicely laid plans, you stick with me. Thank-you.
  2. Emi and Annie - I'm just so thankful for my two princesses.
  3. All of you dear friends who love me and listen to me, who laugh with me and even cry with me - you are one my thankful list everyday.

1 comment:

Miss L said...

lol...At least they were small "cupcakes," right? And know, please know, that we are all grateful for you. :)