Friday, August 29, 2008

Nothing Perspicacious

I haven't anything witty or sage to share today. I just thought I'd check in with both of you readers. I know, I shouldn't sell myself short. There may be three or even four of you faithful followers of this blog out there!

Today marks two full weeks of school. Yes, I know it's Friday. And yes, my girls began this school year on a Friday. And yesterday we had our first parent-teacher conferences of the year. (Oops, I meant to type Family Advocacy Day - that is what parent-teacher conferences are called now in our school district. Is it the same elsewhere?) So, our, um..let's just call it meetings with the girls' teachers went pretty much as expected. Meaning that after two weeks of school, Emi is getting back in the swing of things and Annie is still catching on to the swing of things. Honestly, we have such terrific little girls. (Emi just turned nine this week. Can I still call her my little girl?) Can I admit that as much as I enjoy having time to myself, I really do miss my munchkins.

I really am lucky to have the children I have. And I think I did pretty well in the husband department. And I think Ryan would have to agree that we scored in the pet department!

No comments: