Monday, January 19, 2009

Accidentally Proud



I've never really had much to say about Martin Luther King Jr. aside from a paper I wrote in 10th grade. I also can't say I voted for Barack Obama (though I did see his motorcade in Chicago a few weeks back). But I still can't help but feel a little proud of the 1-2 punch this year of MLK Jr. Day to be followed up the next day by Obama's inauguration.

I know, complicated issues in play here. Plenty more can be said and trust me, I'll be the first to complain when my promised government cow arrives late in the mail. But for today and tomorrow, I really am proud. I didn't mean to be. I just am.

Click the photo above for an interesting snippet of a 1964 BBC interview with MLK Jr.

1 comment:

Allison said...

So it was 44 years, not less than 40, but better late than never!