Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Say That Again?

Annie has picked up a little Spanish (from school?). Well, one word. But she uses it ALOT. Agua. I can picture it now: little kindergartners panting beside the drinking fountain, "Must...have...agua!" Okay, I have no idea how Annie learned this word, but learn it she did! Needless to say, Annie is quite proud of herself and today, after she once again pronounced "agua" (in no particular context - she simply said the word) she declared, "I can speak Chinese now!"

2 comments:

Julie said...

how cute! I know EXACTLY when/where I learned that SAME word!! Sesame Street...seriously!

Shari said...

I learned it on Sesame Street, too! The one where she rushes into a restaurant or something like that after being stuck in the desert, all she can say is agua and the guy doesn't speak Spanish. He keeps offering her everything else, and finally gets so exasperated he needs a drink of water!

It's crazy, I remember things from my childhood so clearly...yet I can't find my cell phone w/o calling it...

Early onset Alzheimer's? Probably, it runs in my family...