Thursday, January 22, 2009

What Would You Say?

You know, I'm really not that bad of a guy, but I have plenty of days when I just can't seem to fire on all cylinders. Actually, that's most days. I can be a skoshi demanding and don't always express myself in the most artful manner. I know Allison loves me because she's put up with me for almost twelve years now. But, unfortunately for Allison, that means she has to put up with a lot.

Those of you who know me could probably come up with a few words to describe me, remembering off days are really the norm. Here's my crack at a list:
  • irascible
  • peevish
  • petulant
  • grumpy
  • cranky
  • moody
  • unstable (perhaps)
  • [Insert (in)appropriate three-to-four letter words and derivative combinations here]
But this post really isn't supposed to be about me.

I really want to express to Allison how incredible I really think she is. I'm not sure how to do that, because my words are hard enough for her to take sometimes. And then, when you throw in the idea that actions speak louder than words, well, I don't always end up with a Happygram at the end of the day.

So, I'll get working harder on my end, but I'd like to open this up to you, our vast throng of readers, (which apparently has increased considerably concomitant with Allison's Facebook addiction), but I digress - I'd like to open up the comments of this post for everyone to offer up one or many qualities you admire about Allison or a happy experience with Allison, recent or long ago.

I'll be giving this some additional thought myself and will comment or post a follow-up later on.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

My initial thoughts lean towards generous - with love, with patience and with everything she has to offer.

Julie said...

Allison...what can I say?? I've mentioned a number of funny memories recently like the fortune telling u-no game that she and Kay taught me, or losing contacts at her house (good times, good times!). But truly, you have always been a kind person...even when you moved away from my neck of the woods *sniff* or after we were in college, and even when you move to a crazy place like MO! (j/k...I did tell you that I was born there didn't I??)

You are a friend that I have nothing but happy & positive memories of...you deserve good things like a husband that uses cool words in everyday life!

Jennifer Lee said...

Oh, I am HAPPY to share qualities I admire about Allison. She is one of the most optimistic people I know. I never see her without a smile and she always has something nice to say. Being around her always lifts my spirits. It doesn't seem like anything gets her down and she can see the good parts of every situation. I love knowing her.

Ryan said...

Kind & Genuine

Allison said...

Wow - I didn't even know Ryan had posted - and about me! See, he's not so bad! Thanks, everyone - I think you are all great, too!