Monday, July 28, 2008

$39.82!

What is significant about this amount? It's what I spent today on dog food. One 48-pound bag of Iams ProActive Health Weight Control. It's ridiculous, friends. Ryan and I were chuckling just last night over a headline I had seen that read something like "Consumers will now feel the pinch at retail stores." Skimming through the article, I read that now, I, the consumer, will notice that with the proliferating cost of gasoline (hence rising costs in production and delivery), the assessments of things like toothpaste, artichokes, light bulbs, etc. are rising correspondingly - at stores as varied as Walmart, Dillards or Home Depot. This is news? I don't know about you, but I already have been fully aware of the upsurging price of groceries, sundries, and now dog food!

Granted, we buy premium dog food for our premium Tessa, but here is why I am fussing: I usually buy dog food every 2 or 3 months (I buy two big bags, so it lasts awhile.) The last time I bought dog food, I bought two bags for around $60. The bags were smaller, 40 and 44 pounds, I think. Okay, so in reality, the swelling price of dog food is probably a measly 2 or 3 percent, if that. But it's the principle, people! To have such an increase in 2 or 3 months time! As Annie would say, "Unfair!" This whole troubled economy thing needs to right itself.....

Tessa, enjoy every morsel.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

We should just buy a bear skin rug. A rug would be just as active as Tessa and the rug wouldn't pee all over if I tried to pet it. Rugs are cheaper to feed too.

Miss L said...

Ryan's comment makes me laugh. The question: would petting the rug bring down your blood pressure like, supposedly, petting a dog? :)

ps. I like the look of the blog! :)