Saturday, September 13, 2008

Walk As If You Have A Secret.....

When I was in college, my partners in crime (the Blonde Brigade) and I would devour delicious quotes and wait for opportunities to dazzle someone (or just ourselves, which was more often the case) with our wit.

Well, my dear husband returned from his trip to Boston and in his eagerness to make amends for his *ahem* indiscretion when leaving, he showered me with what a wife loves most: Praise. (Well, it falls somewhere on the list that includes diamonds, chocolates and flowers.)

Anyway, while basking in such panegyric and deciding that maybe Ryan's not such a lummox after all, a favourite quote came to mind (from a black and white film - watched with said group of blondes - the title of which I can't recall), "Walk as if you have a secret. You are beautiful. You are loved." Don't we all just need to feel that way every once in a while? So I guess I can forgive Ryan's....omission last Monday since he reminded me of a wonderful arcanum, too long since recalled.

Since I am being sentimental, I may as well continue my stroll down memory lane with this:

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Hurray for OMD! Good taste, you.