Saturday, November 21, 2009

Put Down Those Scissors!

It's been a busy Saturday. And yes, on this catch-up day, I've fallen further behind on my list of things I had hoped to accomplish this week. And no, I am not going to catalog those here. Never-the-less, there is much to be grateful for today, including:
  1. Dim Sum. And good friends to enjoy it with. And it's especially nice when one of those friends is a Dim Sum expert and can tell us what everything is before we bite into it.
  2. That not every school week ends with a note sent home from the teacher, which tally's as my ever-so-obedient child's infractions: (1) not listening to directions, (2) misbehaving for the classroom aide, (3) bringing rocks in from recess, (4) misbehavior in the hall, (5) playing with own clothes in the classroom and (6) licking her reading book.
  3. Hair-dressers who squeeze me in on a busy Saturday afternoon after receiving my frantic phone call Friday night, which is hastily made upon discovering that the kid mentioned in #2 has grabbed a pair of scissors and decided to cut her own hair instead of paper.

No comments: