Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sometimes, Yeast Doesn't Make Dough Raise

Sometimes, yeast just doesn't work right. It's like all the oomph has fizzled out. It's gone flat. Literally. I'm sure you can infer that I attempted to make something today which called for yeast. The working kind. Not the kind I used. Yeah. So, without further preamble, I must say, simply, that I am thankful for:
  1. Yeast. Live yeast, that is. And then I can be thankful for light apple fritters, instead of heavy ones.
  2. The delicious anticipation that comes when one is looking forward to sampling something which promises to be good. I mean, if it smells good, it should taste good, too. Right? Preparing your taste buds with a sense of expectancy just adds a happy little promise to an otherwise typical fall day.
  3. Heavy, rich cream. And clotted cream, too.

No comments: