Monday, November 16, 2009

And For The Dog....

You know, my kids have fantastic imaginations. Or else a terrific perception of an alternate reality. Except I'm not always sure they understand that it's a substitute realm.... I mean, sometimes I wonder, does Emi really believe we've been infiltrated by aliens? Or at least one particular extra-terrestrial life-form? She provides pretty convincing evidence supporting her beliefs, but I'm still holding a healthily skeptical point of view. As for Annie, I just don't see how she is both Cocoa's mother and sister (It's not a trinity. Would it be called a doublity?). In fact, several days ago I reprimanded Cocoa and Annie rebuked me: "You don't talk to Cocoa like that! You're not her mother. I am!" Well, I guess as long as the dog learns her boundaries, it doesn't matter who her mom is. Whatever dimension they participate in, my girls provide excellent fodder for my memoir. Oh, do you want to know what it's going to be called? Switched at Birth: The True Story of a Scandinavian Princess. I wrote this paragraph to precede my thanks for:
  1. Alien hunters in the form of 10-year-old girls.
  2. The kind of mother/sister who wants to get a purple Christmas tree for her four-legged daughter/sibling.
  3. Bedtime for the above-described beings.

No comments: