Monday, November 24, 2008

2 for 1

As I finally snuggled in bed last night, just after 10, I had one of those jarring thoughts that disturb your relaxation just a titch. It was, "Yikes! I forgot to post a gratitude list today! And I even knew what I was going to write about! Oh well. I'll just do it tomorrow." Well, folks, 9 and 1/2 hours later, I remember one of the things I wanted to list. I'll type that, and then maybe the rest will come to me:
  1. Yesterday, we had one of those glorious family naps! You know, where the house is quiet because mom, dad, kids and dog are all asleep. It's pure bliss. I'm sooo thankful for my Sunday afternoon nap! Okay, getting there wasn't so pleasant. We had a few minutes of fighting dreamland ("we" meaning mostly Ryan and Annie. And mom caught in the middle.) Ahh, Sunday afternoons. But it all ended well - with much needed sleep. A good 2 and 1/2 hours. (I'm still calling it a family nap, even though Emi stayed awake. She played quietly - thank-you, Poptropica! And I'm sure Ryan's favorite dog dozed while the remaining three of us snoozed on our bed.)
  2. I'm also thankful nursery went smoothly yesterday. You get more than a dozen kids between 18 months and three-years-old together, and you just never know what will happen!
  3. Even though I was not thrilled when Annie came running into nursery (10 minutes after primary started and with her eyes full of tears) and I kind of grumpily took her by the hand and walked her back to sharing time, I am thankful I got sit with her for awhile and enjoy singing with the primary kids during sharing-time.
  4. Now, here's a selfish one, but I am thankful that in just about an hour and a half, I get some alone time.
  5. Related to number 4 (alluding to why I am so looking forward to getting the girls to school) is that I am very grateful that we are only 9 days away Annie's next appointment with Dr.Hoffman. May the gods of pharmaceuticals smile down on this man!
  6. I am thankful, even in the throes of chaos, that I am blessed with the life I have.

1 comment:

Miss L said...

And it was nice to have you in Primary!!! (I can't believe how many kids are in Nursery!!! They need to somehow split it...somehow.)