Monday, November 17, 2008

Talkin' Crazy

Sometimes, Ryan surprises me by saying the craziest things. At least they sound crazy to me. I guess that helps keep the element of surprise in our relationship. Plus, it provides fodder for (a) thought, (b) laughter and (c) argument. Never-the-less, or perhaps because of this:
  1. I am thankful that Ryan knows he can say absolutely anything to me. And I'll listen, even if I think he's nuts.
  2. I am thankful that Ryan respects my opinions enough that when he tells me some of his tripped-out ideas and asks me what I think, I know he'll listen to my comments, even if he thinks I'm the one who's nuts.
  3. I am thankful that ours is a home where we can and do speak freely to one another - that doesn't mean we are thoughtless and careless in our expressions (at least, not purposely.) We have to work hard to foster this environment and relationship with each other (including our girls) but it's certainly worth it.

No comments: