Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sure Glad I'm Not Hitler!



A friend had this link pasted on Facebook this morning. So funny. And it made me think:
  1. I am glad I'm not Hitler. Did he really think two inches of hair across his upper lip was attractive?
  2. I'm glad I'm in the house I'm in. Heaven knows it's a work in production and we're still working on bringing all of the 1975 Better Homes and Gardens decor up to at least the late 90s, and I fuss enough about our neighborhood schools, lack of sidewalks, poor choice of parks, etc., but it's reassuring to me that (a) we didn't fall victim to snaky mortgage lenders (although at least one tried!) and (b) therefore we didn't buy a house we shouldn't have.
  3. I'm glad that our portfolio (that sounds so Wall Street to me. *Shudder* How the image of Wall Street has changed of late!), such as it is, didn't tank further before we were able to reallocate some things and actually make some money. That was certainly a case of more luck than judgement! Yeah, I know that in 30 years, the current stock market values are just supposed to be a blip on the screen. But I'm glad our blip doesn't have as far to climb upward as it could have.
  4. And Ryan just called (as I was typing the previous sentence) and I am especially thankful that he survived the first round (and I hope that's the only round of lay-offs, but we shall see!)
And there you have it.Today's gratitude list.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'd have expected something that awkwardly inappropriate to come from me, not you.