Monday, November 10, 2008

Breakfast Cookies

On a chilly autumn day - like this one - tantalizing smells from the kitchen should be invading the air we breathe. I have done my part - to make the atmosphere in my home as it should be - by making breakfast cookies. Yes. Breakfast cookies. An old high school friend (who accepted my friend request on facebook!) shared her recipe. And since she majored in Nutrition (I think), you know they have to be good for you, right? I mean, anything with oatmeal, powdered milk, whole wheat flour, peanut butter, nuts, and of course, chocolate chips, has to benefit the body. And what do we hear about breakfast being the most important meal of the day? Shouldn't we then welcome the morning and our entry into it with gooey cookies fresh out of the oven?

Now you know where I stand and it won't surprise you that today, my gratitude list begins with:

  1. My friend Julia and her no-nonsense approach to breakfast. Yea for breakfast cookies!
  2. Rhodes frozen bread. Fresh-baked bread smells heavenly. My girls and husband love slicing it when it's still so warm, it practically falls apart. And because I bake it myself, I feel like I am giving my family something a bit healthier than a loaf of Iron Kids sandwich bread.
  3. Stephens Hot-Chocolate. I am especially partial to their hazelnut and orange creme flavours. I am so glad my mother insists that I throw a couple of cans in my suitcase whenever I visit, since it's hard to find out here. (I have learned that if you do toss a can in a checked bag, you should first place the can in a ziploc bag because the can might explode while the plane is in the air.)

1 comment:

Jennifer Lee said...

So, are you going to post the recipe?